Here is an excellent resource from Wintery Knight. It is a 60 minutes of lecture, 20 minutes of Q&A.
- Dr. Licona’s background and education
- The definition of history and philosophy of history
- Postmodern approaches to history
- Historical bedrock: facts that are historically demonstrable
- Historical criterion 1: Explanatory scope
- Historical criterion 2: Explanatory power
- Historical criterion 3: Plausibility
- Historical criterion 4: Ad Hoc / Speculation / non-evidenced assumptions
- Inference to the best explanation
- Investigating miracle claims: is it possible? How?
- Objection of James D.G. Dunn
- Objection of Bart Ehrman
- New Testament sources: Gospels and Paul’s letters
- The Gnostic gospels: are they good sources?
- The minimal facts
- The hallucination hypothesis
- The best explanation