Over the years, I have read a slew of books on Decision Making and the Will of God. My conclusion is the following. Here are some things that we can be sure are God’s will for your life: It is God’s will for you to:
- Share your faith and make disciples of others into the person of Jesus (Matt 28:19). So if you are a 20-year-old Christian that still doesn’t know what the Gospel is or how to disciple anyone, you aren’t doing God’s will.
- Abstain from sexual immorality (1 Thess. 4: 3-7).
- Rejoice always, pray continually, giving thanks in all circumstances (1 Thess. 5: 16-18).
- Offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—and be transformed by the renewing of your mind (Rom 12: 1-2).
- Pray at all times in the Spirit (Eph. 6:18).
- Promote unity among your brothers and sisters (John 17: 20-23).
- Love radically and unconditionally (1 Cor.13: 4-13).
- Know God and his Son Jesus the Messiah so that you may truly experience the quality of eternal life right now (John 17: 3).
- Avoid the deeds of the flesh and experience the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5: 19-25).
- Know the role of the Holy Spirit in your life (John 14-16).
- Know what you believe and why you believe and be able to give a reason for the hope within you to others (1. Peter 3: 15-16).