Education: M.A. Southern Evangelical Seminary, Religious Studies. I am planning on doing more graduate studies work.
Graduate of Cross Examined Instructors Apologetics Academy, 2008-see http://www.crossexamined.org
Memberships: The Evangelical Philosophical Society
Primary Interests: Motivating God’s people to understand the need for outreach and apologetic training, contemporary issues in the culture, the need for Christians to engage the university, confronting the current intellectual crisis in the local congregation, philosophy of religion, epistemology, the resurrection, Christian origins, the relationship between early Christology and Jewish monotheism, the relationship between the Tanakh (acronym that is formed from the first three parts of the Hebrew Bible: Torah (the first five books of the Bible), Nevi’ im (the Prophets), and K’ tuvim (the Writings) and the New Testament, the relationship between Israel and the church, Christian theism and other worldviews, apologetic systems, historical method, the genre of the New Testament, the relationship between science and theology, and biblical hermeneutics.
Ministry Experience: Campus outreach minister since 2004.
Founder and Director of Ratio Christi, an apologetics ministry at the The Ohio State University. Website: http://ratiochristi.org/. We have had several well known speakers to the campus such as William Lane Craig, Frank Turek, Michael Licona, Michael Brown, Paul Nelson and others. We have also done students debates on the campus.
Speaking Experience: Midwest Representative for CJF Ministries- 2005 to present. See http://www.cjf.org. Over the last ten years, I have spoken in a variety of churches around the Central Ohio region (see endorsements). Some others include:
Speaking experience: Presentations
Topics have included:
- A Look at Jesus in Jewish Context: Why is the Culture so Confused About Jesus?
- Rabbi/Student Relationship: A Look at Discipleship in the First Century and What It Means Today
- What We Can Learn From Paul: Apostle to Jews and Gentiles
- Israel and the Nations: God’s Plan For the World
- How Should a Christian View Israel?
- Why Jesus is Our Passover Lamb
- A Look at Messianic Prophecy: Why Jesus is the Jewish Messiah
- The Resurrection of the Jewish Messiah: The Jewish Background of the Resurrection
- Jesus and the Feasts of Israel
Evangelism/Apologetics Training Presentations
- William Lane Craig’s Reasonable Faith Chapter in Columbus, Ohio “I Don’t Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist”” Chapel Hill Baptist Church, August, 2011
- Wright State University, “I Don’t Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist” September, 2012
- Ohio Northern University “General Apologetics” September, 2012
- Ratio Christi Chapter, University of Alabama at Huntsville, “Messianic Prophecy, The Resurrection of Jesus.” April 2014
- Rio Grande Community College, “ I Don’t Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist,” March 2013
- UMJC Conference (2012), “Messianic Apologetics.” August 2013
- The National Apologetics Conference in Charlotte, NC, “God and the University,” 2013
- Ratio Christi Symposium, Charlotte, NC, “Messianic Prophecy.” 2013
- Xenos Summer Institute, “Reaching Jewish People for the Gospel,” July 2014
- Created Equal, “Apologetics and Outreach Training,” June 2014
- Xenos Summer Institute, Jewish Eschatology, Summer 2015
- The F.A.C.T.’s of the Resurrection of Jesus, Chapel Hill Baptist Church, April, 2014
- UMC Church of the Savior, “Apologetics and Outreach Training,” March 2014
- Ratio Christi Chapter, UNCW, “Judaism and Jewish People,” March 2014
- Beth Messiah Congregation, “Learning from Paul,” January 2015 (see list and scroll down)
- Ratio Christi Chapter, Greensboro, NC Chapter, “The Historical Jesus,” March 2015
- A Short Explanation on the Relationship Between Evangelism and Apologetics: Interview with Tim Hull
- Alex McFarland’s radio show “Truth Talk Live!”
- Ryan Dobson: Higher Ground
- Evidence 4 Faith
- Nontheology skeptical radio broadcast
- Deeper Waters
- Darrell Bock, Table Talk, Dallas Theological Seminary (recorded Jan 2015, available Fall 2015).
- The Messianic Studies Institute is an adult education program that has had visiting scholars such as Craig Evans, Darrell Bock, Michael L. Brown, Walter Kaiser, Craig Keener and others.
- Messianic Apologetics: This course addresses the historical, cultural, and theological Jewish objections to Jesus as the Messiah and introduces students to apologetic thinking and methodologies.
- The Resurrection- Myth or Fact? An overview of the notion of resurrection as found in the Hebrew Scriptures, select writings of the 2nd Temple period, and the New Testament. Particular emphasis is placed on the centrality of the resurrection in the NT, the resurrection of Jesus the Messiah, and how the resurrection should affect our daily lives.
- Messianic Prophecy: An overview of God’s wonderful promise of the coming of the Messiah in the Jewish Scriptures. Particular emphasis will be placed on the New Testament use of messianic prophecy.
Adjunct instructor at Xenos Christian Fellowship in Columbus, Ohio (2014 to Present)
- Jewish Roots of Christianity
MJTI: Messianic Jewish Theological Institute
- Jewish Apologetics, Summer 2013
Gospel Lighthouse Church, Columbus, Ohio
- Character of God, Character of Man
Youth Ministry Experience
- Co Youth Leader, Beth Messiah Congregation, Columbus, Ohio, 1999- 2002
- Ongoing teacher and volunteer of youth activities
- Leader, Bayt Café Ministry for 20’s
Publications: Messianic Literature Outreach:
- Messiology and Jewish Monotheism/Fall 2006
- The Impact of Philosophy on the Jewish Community/Winter 2006
- The Resurrection/Spring 2007
- The Messianic Task/Spring 2008
- The Kingdom Of God/Spring 2009
- What is Apologetics?/Spring 2009
- The Messiah: A Complex Issue: Fall/ 2009
- The Jewish Background of the Incarnation In The Gospel of John/ Spring 2010
- Prayer in the Book of Acts/Spring 2010
- A Defense Of The Four Gospels/Spring 2010
- Historical Causation: The Birth Of The Jesus Community/Autumn 2010
- The Reliability Of The New Testament/Spring 2011
- Is Jesus The Only Way? Summer 2011
- God, Are You There? A Cumulative Case For The Existence of God? Fall 2011
- Women in the Gospel of Mark: Fall 2012
- The High Priestly Ministry of Jesus In The Book of Hebrews; Explanation and Application: Fall 2012
- Learning From Our Master: The Apologetics of Jesus: Spring 2013
- Who Were the First Apologists? Spring 2013
- A Theology of Mission: Fall 2013
- Who is the One True God? Prophecy as a Verification Test: Fall 2014
- Who is the Servant of Isaiah 52:13-53:12? Winter 2014